I've been a member of PrizeRebel since 2010 and I've seen the website go through several design changes. However, this one is the most dynamic, feature focused design and I'm thrilled that the developers have taken this direction. If you've followed my PrizeRebel tutorials closely, you will notice the major differences in the interface, but you will still be comfortable finding all the tools you need to earn points easily.
Speaking of points, there has been a slight change in how they work - and by slight I mean MAJOR!!! Don't worry, it's a good thing which I'll explain later. To make life easier, I'll list all the major changes below.
- No More Cash, Only Points! - In the older versions of PrizeRebel, users had the option to earn points or cash. Points could be used to redeem prizes, and Cash was used to redeem PayPal payouts. Why is this good for you? Because now you can use points to redeem PayPal payouts! With the current system 2,000 points can be used to redeem $20 via PayPal.
- 2nd Tier? You're Outta Here! - If you've had 2nd tier referrals prior to July 1, 2014 you will continue to benefit from them. However, from July 1st onward, users will no longer be able to gain 2nd tier referrals nor benefit from them. The good news? With the new interface and "tour", new members will find it easier to use and therefore become active referrals, earning you more points.
- Raffle Tickets Got Sold Out! - If you had raffle tickets that you didn't use prior to July 1st, I have some bad news for you. Along with the cash balance, the raffle ticket balance has been removed. Unlike the cash, however, the raffle tickets were not converted into points so if you had any, then you lost it for good! I hope you got a chance to read this blog post I wrote prior to the change. The moral of the story is "use it or lose it".
- PrizeRebel Forum is No More-um? - The PrizeRebel forum, which I've only used ONCE - one time, uno, ichi(一), hana(하나) - has been deprecated. Why? I don't know, but there is a new support ticketing system that users can utilize.
- New Level, More Earnings! - Before these changes, Platinum - my current level - has been the top level for as long as I can remember. However, now there is a new top level called Diamond. Along with this comes a change in how you level up. In the past you had 2 options, earn points or refer a certain amount of people. I leveled up using the latter. However, now you can only level up by earning points. And to reach the Diamond level, I need to earn 12,000 points! OMFG!!! >.> From my previous referral banner, I know that I've earned more than 18,000 points - most of which are from referrals. So the fact that I'm not automatically at the Diamond level means that these old points don't count toward the new level. The good news? Well, now you can earn bonus points and prize discounts as you level up to Platinum and Diamond.
- Lucky Numbers (Lottery) - I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You cannot go wrong with a lottery system. I've tried to suggest this for EpicDuel in the past, but to no avail. PrizeRebel has realized the awesome potential of this and has released the feature called Lucky Numbers. For those of you who play the lottery in real life, the MegaMillions for example, this is similar to that. I don't feel like explaining how this works. Join the website, earn some points, and play it yourself. It's easy.
- Daily Challenges to Earn More - Each day, there is a challenge to earn a certain amount of points. Complete the challenge and earn even more points as a reward. Can this get any better?