Firstly, if you need to recover your account, go to your BattleOn Portal and click the Help & Support link in the top right hand corner. Obviously, you can follow the links I provide if you don't feel like doing 5 seconds worth of typing. Just click the "skip ad" button that appears. There, on the help page, you will see a number of links. Click the "How do I recover my Account?" link at the top of the list. There, you will need to follow the instructions pertaining to your case.
If you're a PAID PLAYER, meaning if you've ever purchased Artix Points or membership, you will need to focus on #1 that states:
- Step One - "Find your Payment Confirmation Email. This email contains your transaction ID. You can search your email using the words "Artix Payment, "AQWorlds Payment," etc."
- Step Two - "Write down or type your transaction ID and payment method for the next step."
- Step Three - "Fill out the Automated Recovery Page. Please note, auto-recovery can only be used with certain payment methods. SMS payments are not proof of purchase for recovering accounts!"
#3 details how to recover passwords for various AE games.
And please, for the sake of your ancestors, read #5! It gives some fundamental tips on how to protect your account as listed below.
- Do not give out your password to anyone!
- Do not give out your Artix Account name either!
- No REAL Staff member will ever ask you for your password! This includes anyone pretending to be a Staff member on any social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook or someone emailing from a non-Artix email.
- Do not fall for scams such as:
I'll give you a free upgrade.
Who wants a verified Guardian/Dragonlord/StarCaptain on their account?
Want to Trade Accounts?
Who wants Free In-Game Currency?
- Report any user who asks for your password or who uses scams the ones above. For AQWorlds, type /report playername and /ignore playername.
- Use a password that is at least 8 characters long that is alpha-numeric and case sensitive and that is something difficult to guess. Don't use a password such as password, computer, 12345, qwerty, god, dog, mom, etc.
- Do not leave yourself logged in on a public computer such as at a school or a library.
- Do not save your user name and password on a public computer.
- Do not enter your account name and password on any other website but an official Artix Entertainment site! You can report scamming/phishing/hacking sites via our Copyright Violations Email Form.
- For more information on how to keep your account as secure as possible, here is our How do I keep my account secure? Help Page