Prize Rebel

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

How To Use Windows Software on Mac - Tutorial

Since the release of my first two software, ED Chance Calculator and ED Pro Tools, I've received tremendous feedback from the community. All of them were positive and/or constructive, which I'm very grateful for because I put a lot of time and energy into these projects. For each program, there were several suggestions by Mac users to create a version of the software for Mac OS.

As much as I'm willing to do so, I'm simply not able to. In order to create a version of the software for the Mac OS, I would have to create said version on a Mac. Since I don't yet have a Mac, I won't be able to grant this wish.

Don't let this discourage you. There's still a way for Mac users to run the Windows software I create. It's simple, easy, and free.

Simply download Darwine to your Mac and use it to run Windows programs. If you're the cautious type, like me, you can also watch this great tutorial video on how to use Darwine.

If that doesn't do the trick for you, there are also other software out there for you to choose from. One of which is Mono, a versatile tool that can either be used to run applications or create them.

Hopefully one of these will help you (Mac user) be able to use the software I create in Windows. It will prove useful when future software are released!

If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Video

Popular Posts